Friday, May 22, 2009

Blogger or Booger?

Well, I guess I'm a blogger now! No, not a booger a Blogger...big difference, at least I think so! I don't know why I got all signed up for this...maybe a form of rebellion or maybe I don't want my future to pass me by ...who knows? Anyway here I am like it or not. It may be a booger to keep up with all this bloggy-ness. Okay enough booger jokes for now! Time to get serious. What is all this blogging about and how does one keep up with it anyway? Lets see, last I checked I had personal/public accounts with: Picasa Web albums, Calorie Checkbook.com, Sparkpeople, Splitcoasts Stampers, the new one, what is it, oh yes "Twitter" and well lets not forget about the big one, the biggy of all public accounts yes, dare I say it "Facebook". So back to the original question, "how does one keep up with it all"? I have avitars and url's and icons and Pass-codes and email addresses.....whats my mothers maiden name? Log on, log off. Oh my, It's all sooooooo confusing! And why are we doing this...are we afraid we will miss something? Rest assured we will! Think about all your missing...a beautiful sunset or a walk outside with fresh air, what about real quality time with a family member, you remember them, the person you texted earlier to find out what was for dinner. Or even better yet, time with our Creator learning scripture or praying. Are we, am I, trying to fill some deep emptiness? Fill it up with idol chatter, gossip, nosiness? Something to ponder.

2 comments:

  1. very nice...I am proud of you stepping out into the virtual world! Keep up the good work.

    db

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true dear. I love you and cannot wait to hear from you on your blog. Kinda like a one-sided chat. I will just pretend you are cutting my hair and I need to keep my mouth closed so hair doesn't get into my mouth. Glad you aren't a booger....ha ha.

    ReplyDelete